Apr 6, 2007

Yes, there's more.

In spite of my fullness, I bravely kept eating as the waiters brought out what seemed like an endless line of small desserts. First, chocolate-and-caramel-covered macadamia nuts:


These were great, but sadly I only ate one before the waiter took them away. Second, a tower of candies:


And here's M.'s dad looking amused that I'm taking a picture of him eating candies.


While at the restaurant I had a chance to eat only one of these candies, a chocolate bonbon from the bottom "level." Don't worry, though--for a moment I gave my inner tackiness free rein and dumped all of the uneaten (as opposed to the eaten?) wrapped candies into my purse. I ate them the following day. The lemon candy, in the center "level," was pleasantly reminiscent of the pot de creme. Which is to say, it was phenomenal.

Here was another tidbit; I want to say it was called tulle:


Finally, the waiter came around with a platter of chocolates arranged in rows according to type. As full as I was, I did the right thing and made sure to take one of each. Was this undecorous? Probably, and both the waiter and M.'s dad laughed at me. M. then emulated me, however, not wanting to miss out.


If I remember correctly, the flavors of the chocolates were: caramel, dark chocolate, peanut butter, banana, coffee, white chocolate, and praline. I can't recall which was which, though. I remember only that the banana and the caramel were the best.

No comments: