Oct 12, 2007

Recommendations

Movie recommendation of the week: Hot Fuzz

Dessert recommendation of the week: Beer float (we used Chambly Noire, but I think St. Peter's Cream Stout or a good chocolate stout would work best).

SF restaurant recommendation of the week: Gialina Pizzeria

Anti-recommendation of the week: Going to mediocre gay dance parties until 3am on a the Thursday before an undoubtedly hard weekend, then going to work the next day. Ouch.

Anti-recommendation of the year: Ignoring snail mail. There may be a hospital bill or two among all the Capital One junk, and if you ignore those they'll send the debt collectors after you.

3 comments:

The Old Mule said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Old Mule said...

Hot Fuzz was interesting-ly entertaining.

Le Colonial's black sea bass in banana leaf is my SF recommendation of the year. Sometimes it is redeeming to spend a weeks pay on dinner.

penitent said...

My boyfriend and I went to Le Colonial for a wedding once, but it turned out we weren't invited. So we went downstairs and spent at least a week's pay on dinner, but thanks to the open bar I don't even remember what I ordered.