Dec 12, 2008

Self-Evaluation

I've been in the office since 8am, and it looks as if I'll be here until 10pm. I may as well blog some more.

2008's almost over, and I'm going to the Midwest next week, so now is as good a time as any to look back at my new year's resolutions and how well I failed at them.


(1) Clean my room. I cleaned it eventually, but now it's a mess again.
(2) Start a savings account. Success! And it's 25 dollars strong.
(3) Don't get in any serious bike accidents. Well done there.
(4) Change party affiliation so I can vote in Democratic primary. Yes. I'm now an independent, or whatever we're called here. "Decline to State" or something.
(5) Dental appointment. Sadly, no. It involves picking up the phone.
(6) See optometrist. See item (5)
(7) Sign up for more math classes. No. Still finishing up the old one.
(8) Go on one or more camping trips. Yes, two! One was a disaster, but the other was not.
(9) Get into graduate school. Bastards.
(10) Blog at least once a week. Ha!
(11) Drink less. Amazingly, I have! But mostly because I'm too poor to afford drinks.
(12) Save enough money to travel to Iceland this summer. Perhaps Rome. Alas. See items (2) and (11).

Not so bad. Now: back to sitting in my office for the 14th hour straight. Until next year, reader(s?).

No comments: